Friday, May 15, 2009

Teff Pancakes

Two wounded pancakes I managed to get a picture of before they disappeared down Q's gullet.

Ooooh, these were tasty! The local hfs (health food store) ordered some teff flour for me, and I braved pancakes Thursday. Got the recipe from Tori's blog

Teff is actually almost mocha-y in flavour. I REALLY liked them, as did Q, he wolfed down 4 smaller pancakes, I managed to eat 2 before I was full. We used agave nectar instead of syrup, and sprinkled a lil cinnamon on top.



Ingredients:


1 1/2 cups milk sub

3 Tbsp. oil (I use coconut)

2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cream of tartar

1/4 tsp. salt


Directions:
Mix everything together in a bowl. Heat your griddle or skillet really hot. Pour batter onto the pan. Wait until you see bubbles coming to the top of the pancake AND the edges are getting dry. Then flip.


I cook with stainless so I greased the pan with some coconut oil so they wouldn't stick...because the first few I tried w/o greasing it and burnt the first couple I made. I cooked them on medium heat on an electric cook top...you might have to readjust if you're using different cookware and gas stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment