Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pan Fried Hot Salmon w/fresh Garlic

There was some more but I decided to dig in before I remembered to take a picture! (I'm still trying to get used to the blog).
This was quick and simple, and dh approved.

-Frozen (fresh) wildcaught salmon, thawed
-3 cloves garlic
-olive oil
-hot pepper grinder (Red Monkey organic Hot Pepper blend)
-sea salt

Mince garlic. Heat up a large skillet on medium heat and drizzle with olive oil-add garlic. Add salmon to the skillet, season with some sea salt a couple of grinds from the pepper grinder (I use 4 or 5), cover the skillet. Let it cook for a few minutes (until cooked about half way through), flip salmon, salt and a grind or two of hot pepper. Re-cover, let finish cooking (I honestly don't pay attention to how long it takes, I'm always doing something else while I'm in the kitchen).
Tada! Dinner is served.
Tonight I served it on top of a bed of quinoa (lunch leftovers) re-heated in a skillet with some coconut oil to keep from sticking and just enough Vanilla Hemp Milk to keep it moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment