Friday, May 15, 2009

Skillet Chicken Fajitas


Fajiters, minus the tortillas. I tried the brown rice tortilla recipe on Bob's Red Mill, but they turned out like leather and tasted naaaaaasty.
You can always add more chicken, this was just a Q sized meal.

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
bell pepper, sliced into strips
olive oil
salt
pepper
cumin

Pour enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Cut chicken into fajita-sized pieces, and season chicken with salt, pepper and cumin. Heat skillet to medium, saute bell peppers, put in the chicken, and cook halfway through. Stir occasionally so it doesn't burn. When chicken is cooked about half way, add 1/4c water, cover skillet. Cook until chicken is done and bell pepper is tender.

I also sprinkled the seasonings over everything when I added the water and stirred it up so the bell pepper was coated also.

Quincy actually ATE THE BELL PEPPER. I wasn't expecting that, I praised him like crazy for eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment