Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Banana Bread


Mmmmm, nanner bread.
I love when the commissary has produce on sale b/c it's over ripe...especially nanners. Though this is my first time doing gfcf nanner bread, I usually freeze the nanners for smoothies (no need to add ice!)
This recipe I got off the back of the Bob's Red Mill All-purpose GF Flour


Banana Bread

INGREDIENTS:


1/3 cup Canola Oil
2/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1-3/4 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1-1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp. Salt
1-1/2 cups Banana, mashed
1/2 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup Raisins (Unsulfured)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch non-stick loaf pan. Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl with eletric mixer. Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon to egg mixture, alternating with bananas. Beat until smooth. Stir in nuts and raisins. Batter will be somewhat soft. Transfer to pan. Bake for 1 hour.


*NOTES*
I omitted the raisins, besides that I couldn't find unsulfered, dh really doesn't like them.
I added 2T flax seed meal to the batter.
Coconut oil worked fine in place of canola.
Took 3 medium-ish nanners to make almost 2c of smashed nanner
I cooked 3 small loafs for about 45-50mins.
Letting them cool off makes cutting them a LOT easier. Cooled them over night (I decided to start making them at 9 last night), and sliced this morning.
Freezable! Wrapped each slice individually in wax paper and put in a zip lock.


The triplets my oven birthed

Tee-niny nanner bread

No comments:

Post a Comment